Monday, September 6, 2010

Exploring the Kama Sutra in 69 days!

Just kidding.  Although that was a suggestion when I asked for project ideas.  Bet you can't guess who suggested that!

I got some other interesting ideas for one-off posts and a link to a blog where a woman re-created a dress a day on a budget that was fascinating.  Good idea, but I have no time for projects which require time. (sigh)

I got a couple of ideas for longer-term projects like
  • volunteering and blogging about those experiences (I used to love taking my dog to a Boulder, CO halfway house so that she could participate in pet therapy.  Alas, my current pooch, while super-sweet and quite a character, doesn't have the temperament for that.  I could consider other volunteer opportunities -- like I've always wanted to help with Habitat for Humanity.)
  • reuniting with lost friends or those relatives that live down the street that you never call and only see if another relative visits from out of state and sharing that experience (I should totally do this and feel guilty for avoiding it -- I almost didn't mention it here!)
I found a writing class I wanted to take, but got scared of the commitment.  My job takes all hours of the day some days and is so unpredictable that I just couldn't justify spending any money on anything.  (I actually did decide to learn Spanish a couple of years ago, but only made 2 of the 5 classes due to work.)

The search continues...in the meantime I will write up mid-year reviews for my team (a new job task I've never had to do previously and which is not proving to be all that fun).  Wheeeeee~~!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you could find a self-paced writing class online or something. It's hard to find time to do everything we want to do!

    ReplyDelete