Saturday, July 28, 2012

Maui - Day 2 - Hopeful

It's 8am. Earlier than I planned on being up. Back home it is noon. I am not sure my body knows what time it is.
*
I am sitting on the balcony looking out at the hotel grounds, and between the palm trees I can see the ocean. I have been out her for 30 minutes, but it's taken me some time to find the batteries for my wireless keyboard and to look around to see if there's any wi-fi I can connect to (there isn't - I will have to power up the mobile hotspot from Iggy's phone later).
*
It's quiet in terms of activity but there are birds warbling and chirping and generally making a racket. After my alarm went off (I forgot to turn it off when we got here last night) we heard a siren go by and Iggy mumbles in his half-asleep state "Book'em Dano!"
*
There is an older (than me) couple sitting out on their deck too. He was eating a banana. When he was done, he leaned over and kissed his wife, then went in to get his cigar. She's been calmly smoking a cigarette and reading a novel.
*
The grounds crew is cleaning up under all the trees. Apparently those pretty trees with the yellow and white flowers dump a lot of leaves and twigs and stuff overnight. It always makes me feel a little sad to have to see people working in jobs I would detest. But then again they may not get 'ice pick' headaches and my job might seem super boring. I have to settle for being glad they're employed and hope they like their job.
*
When I first got out here an short chubby woman on the sidewalk below paused to stare at me. I don't know what she was looking at (I'm fully clothed) but later I feel slightly chagrined when I realize my nose strip is still on. I am slightly worried I am getting a cold since my sinuses have been draining most of yesterday and I couldn't breathe well last night. A couple of people at my work were worried about my stress level when I got those 'ice pick' headaches recently. I told them that if anything, I am *less* stressed now that we're done with the home buying, home selling, and moving. Plus I convinced my boss to take away one of my projects. But they pointed out that when you run on adrenaline you think you are fine and it's when you stop that your body has the chance to react. So now all I can think of is being on vacation, my work laptop safely at home, my body is going into full stop mode. It's probably going to hit me like a box of bricks! (hoping not)
*
Ooh - there's Iggy bringing me hotel room coffee. This will be a good day - I have a feeling about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment