Thursday, April 2, 2009

Landlubbing Wench No More!

Guess what!?!  Calle's friend is going to take us sailing when I get to New Zealand (in less than 3 weeks)!  Calle's going to fly me to the port too - so I get to go in a big old jet airliner, then a crop duster (ok not really, but a small plane) and then on a yacht!  And that's all before I've even been in the country for 24 hours!

Calle's friend said I need "Wet weather jacket with hood and some cheap waterproof overtrousers will do.  Sailing boots if you really want to stay snug in the dirtiest of weather but drag them around behind the car for a while first.  You know how it is..."  Do you think they have waterproof overtrousers at REI?  I am going to find out this weekend.  I'm just not sure what they are...it will be like a treasure hunt!

I hope I don't get seasick.  And I hope I'm not too jet-lagged to be awake for it.  I literally will go from the airport to the dock.

Oh boy!  I can't wait!  Now if I could only finish all my work projects so I can actually have vacation while I'm sailing around!  I had one of my 3 clients go live on 3/20.  On Monday they will be handed off to the support team.  The 2nd client went live on April Fool's Day and we're working out the kinks there.  They'll be handed off to support next Friday.  The last client delayed until mid-May :( and is thinking about another delay (will find out tomorrow).  I start two new projects on June 1st - so there's not too much room there...  We'll see.

Now off to study up on that class I found out I have to teach on Monday - gah!  Nothing like teaching something you haven't tried to do yourself...at least I only talk for an hour and there's already Power Point slides on the work intranet.

Good night y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment