Monday, June 1, 2009

I Bring the Sunshine!

Over Memorial Day weekend Iggy and I went out to Seattle - our first trip together. It went really well. Thankfully he's a bit like me, or at least he's willing to humor me in terms of travel. I like to have three things when I travel:

  1. plane tickets to/from home/destination
  2. hotel while at destination
  3. (optional) a car -- if you can get by without this, so much for the better, IMHO

So a week of winging it on vacation! I love it!

We did some touristy stuff:

  • walked around the Space Needle
  • saw the International Fountain (very cool)
  • browsed the festival near the fountain and Space Needle -- and subjected ourselves to some odd campaign about "Free Hugs" (some girl won a bet because we both hugged her)
  • bought salmon at the Pike Market and had it grilled for dinner
  • rode the Monorail (which required Iggy to sing the Simpson's Monorail song -- I need to see that episode)
  • went on the Underground tour took a ferry to Bainbrigde Island for brunch
Space Needle


Buying Salmon at Pike Market


International Fountain

And we met up with some friends: (1) an old work colleague of mine who showed us the MicroSoft Visitor's Center (very cool even if you're not an MS Corp fan -- I really want that surface computing technology on my laptop) and her fiance, (2) a friend of Iggy's from college and (3) a friend of Iggy's from high school.


We also went to Unicorn Crepes and had a Chili Cheese Dog Crepe and a Pizza Crepe! Bet you've never had one of those! (They were quite tasty, if a bit messy.)



I could totally live in Seattle. However, it may be an unfair judgement since the 5 days I was there were sunny. In fact, the 10 days I was in NZ were sunny too. The day I left it rained in NZ. And continued raining for 2 weeks. So My new theory is that I bring the sunshine! heehee

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time w/Iggy. I think I could live there too just like you said. Me and my friend Jennifer went to Seattle area for 10 days a few years ago - climbed Mount Baker and then went sea-kayaking and NOT a DROP of rain. I think it's all a myth just to keep folks like us from moving there.

    ReplyDelete