Friday, July 10, 2009

San Diego Zoo

First - if you are staying at a hotel with shared bathrooms, please lock the door when you are using one. Please. Thank you.

Now, on to the day. I can see why the San Diego Zoo is "world renowned". My only complaint was that some of the viewing areas are a bit cramped.

I don't actually have any funny stories, but I'll leave you with a couple pictures.

I think this business is hysterically named...if I lived here, I would definitely be a patron...

Did I mention that our hotel is underneath the landing path for the San Diego airport?

The bridge (Laurel St) across the highway and into Balboa Park.

In Balboa Park, there a water lily garden.

While we were watching one of the polar bears play by the glass, another of the polar bears decided to pounce! There was a tremendous splash and then some wrestling. Very fun to see.

Watch out - they foam at the mouth! And I hear they spit too!

Very cute...

I love otters.

Probably the coolest thing I saw today - I've never seen a real, live koala before. Here's one with her "joey". All the koalas were sleeping. Apparently they sleep about 20 hours per day...I think that's as much as my cat!

I really liked the Elephant Odyssey - it took you through what we can learn about extinct animals based on the descendants living today. I also like the "W" in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. sweet pics, looks like you had fun. As for the wax... ouch, no thanks, men as such sissy's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tobiko looks like an otter! I love the panda pic too.

    ReplyDelete