Monday, August 16, 2010

Time For a Change

We saw Julie and Julia recently.  I was jealous (or inspired). Now that I'm done with the Bridezilla project, it sounds fun to have a new project and it even sounds fun to have a deadline.

But what to do?

I sorta half-heartedly started this type of thing with the 5280 magazine's top restaurant review. I blogged about the meals we had out. This was fun (and I might continue) but it's been over done, I suppose. And I currently have no set schedule or goal.

I should learn to cook. It looks fun, and I sure do like to eat. Even thought that's been done, I could pick a different cookbook that sounds more fun to me. Like the Moosewood Cafe (their book for cooking at home) or the Coyote Cafe cookbook. I could get a cooking series show on DVD (I think I saw the Giada De Laurentiis and the Rachel Ray series at Target) and cook the things they make. But Iggy is already a great cook and he seems to like cook the evening meal. And, honestly, I don't see me sticking with this one for very long.

I've wanted to learn to garden too. But we're getting close to winter, and I'm sure I'd lose momentum. Plus the wait to see anything is somewhat incompatible with my need for instant gratification.

I like doing home improvement projects, and I have quite a few of those on my list that I'd like to do. But probably half of those are the "hire a contractor" type as opposed to the do-it-yourself type.

I've seen some cool photo blogs where they take a picture a day. That might be fun. But what sort of goal to set?


I love riding my bike, but I'm such an amateur that I'm fairly certain I have nothing to say on the subject. Besides, that's one of those things that's more fun to DO than to TALK ABOUT.
I've always loved reading -- and I'm in 2 book clubs. The problem with that is that right now I read so sporadically I rarely finish the books in time for book club. And my book clubs tend to pick best seller types, so those tend to be over-reviewed. I'm not sure I'd have much original to add.

I thought about trying my hand at creative writing today...and after all, this is a writing medium. I saw some interesting ideas all over the place (for example: 100 ideas, Writing Forward). But, again, what goals/timeline?

Thoughts? Advice?

Maybe I don't need a project...I'm behind at work anyways (but that's a constant state).

2 comments:

  1. My blogger friend came up with a photo idea and I've always wanted to do it but alas, have not. She took a lot of pics of letters and in the end, posted her best 26 letters of the alphabet pictures.

    I like the new look of your blog. Love all your wedding photos and the picture of the sculpture in Reykjavik!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GKL! I have a calendar idea that I saw somewhere which I want to do with photographs: snap pix of numbers, snap pix of week initials (M, 2xT, W, F, 2xS), snap pix of something that remind you of that month, then you rearrange the numbers/etc. on a felt board each month.

    ReplyDelete