Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pick-up Lines & Cute Dresses

Pick-up Lines - June 28, 2007 (note: Having not been inspired to write lately, but going through some old travel diaries as inspiration for my NZ trip in April, I found my Paris trip emails to my folks/brother...thought a couple were funny.)

I made it to Paris!

My luggage didn't. And I forgot that rule about packing a change of clothes in your carry-on... Air France said maybe in 2 days I will get my luggage. If not, I can fill out the claim form. Sigh.


So after seeing my friend, Rico, through the glass windows as I arrive at the luggage carosel I spend close to an hour waiting for my luggage, watching everyone else find theirs before wearily leaving without knowing how lucky they are, and then filling out forms.

Poor Rico has been standing outside the secured area this whole time. As I finally reach him, and get a big hug I sigh and say, "Thank you so much for waiting through all that. Let's go buy some underwear." Which I meant in all honesty since I didn't pack my carryon with that type of provision. The expression on his face lets me know I said something funny, so I think about it and realize this may not be how every woman greets her male friends after a flight. ha!

I wanted souvenirs...but not sure I wanted clothes. But...The adventure begins!

The Knight Says “Shhhhh!” … & a REALLY Cute Dress - June 29, 2007

Hello again. 2 am in Paris. But when you sleep in until 11am, then nap from 7pm-11pm, feels ok to still be awake! :)

JJ, to answer your question...I know some French, but it's not as easy here as it was in Switzerland. Not sure why. I tried reading some of Rico's French novel, but it took like 30 mintues to get through 1 page. And it just wasn't that interesting...

Rico had today off, so we went to Le Petit Palais -- which is across the street from Le Grand Palais, which I think we saw on our trip. It's on the Champs Elysee and has square trees lining the boulevard. At any rate, the Petit Palais is FREE! And has lots of art and a coffee shop. We saw a cool huge painting called something like "The Death of Count ..." It is about 35 feet long! Lots of people (~300) -- different knights, commoners, the king?, weeping maidens, and, of course, the dead guy. One knight is telling the others "shhhh". Very funny -- some guy in armor with his finger to his lips. How can you be quiet in chain mail? Apparently someone else was noisier though. Then we had a café a the museum coffee shop.

No luggage yet today. They said 2 days. And in my sleep-deprived state I forgot to ask if the 2nd day was Saturday or Monday (do they include weekends?). At any rate, I think I have enough clothes now. I went to The Gap in the shopping district (Grand Boulevard) -- figure at least I know what size I am in there. I mean, it took me a while to figure out that my bra size here is 95. (Dang! In the States I am only a 36. Here I am HUGE! I love the French!) I wasn't sure I wanted to know my French/EU pants size (in case there is some sort of similar explosion at my waist)!!!

I also went to the popular tourist shopping building (Gallerie Lafayette) to see if I could find a dress for a nicer dinner out. I did find a lovely one and it was 50% off! It was 950 Euros -- almost $1300... Yes, this is the sale price! I'm not even sure that means I have good taste -- it was probably last year's model that didn't sell. I didn't buy it (in case you were really wondering).

Tomorrow there is a jazz concert in the evening at some tech park and I don't have to shop anymore. I am going to wear my 3 pairs of pants and my size 95 bras over and over and over! I am sick of shopping already!


Bon soir.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a very interesting trip to say the least! I'm glad you're becoming a penguins fan we have so few women with a size ninety five bra ....lol

    ReplyDelete